2010 – Present
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, INTEGRATED MARKETING
BLT Communications, Los Angeles, CA
I lead and work with multiple teams and departments in the development and delivery of successful identity and integrated marketing campaigns, primarily for entertainment clients.
- My focus is on strategic, conceptual, and creative thinking and leadership
- Work involves finding a balance of interactive, social, broadcast, print, out-of-home, and experiential media to tell the right story to the right people in the best way possible
- Revenues through my department have nearly tripled since coming on board with a 70% win rate
- Successfully introduced interactive experiential and live action content as agency capabilities
- Clients include A&E, CNN, Cinemax, GSN, HBO, HGTV, National Geographic Channel, NBC News, Starz, Saban, TV Land, and VH1
2009 – 2010
INTERACTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Digital Kitchen, Culver City, CA
Led the company in developing its vision and capabilities in interactive media as it transitions from a production company into a digital agency.
- Developed and managed interactive capabilities and strategy across all four offices
- Collaborated with production and creative leadership to develop effective integrated solutions for existing clients and new business pitches
- During tenure, percentage of direct-to-client work increased 15% and the marketplace perception was successfully transformed from a traditional broadcast production company to an integrated digital agency.
- Project clients included American Express, A&E Networks, AT&T U-Verse, BMW, Google Creative Labs, Gucci, HBO, Jose Cuervo, Morgans Hotel Group, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Warner Brothers, X-Box Live.
- Agency clients included Arnell, Crispin, Porter & Bogusky, GSD&M, MSN BEET, Ogilvy & Mather.
2007 – 2009
VICE PRESIDENT, BRANDING & INNOVATION
Ripe Digital Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA
Oversaw branding and interactive for this ad-supported, multi platform entertainment company.
- Managed strategy, design, and development cycle of 3-network web platform
- Advised and collaborated across all departments to develop a holistic product
- Developed and executed branded entertainment initiatives for advertisers such as Electronic Arts, Puma, Scion, Subaru, and Warner Bros.
- Transformed web platform from added value for advertisers to company’s main revenue stream
- Significantly raised design standards company wide
- Implemented video delivery improvements, dynamic ad serving, optimized tracking and reporting
- Delivered new corporate brand identity and naming/brand identity for hip-hop lifestyle network
- NATPE 2008 – Always On panelist, “Audience and Advertising”
2004 – 2007
DIRECTOR OF INTERACTIVE
Transistor Studios, Venice Beach, CA / New York, NY
Founded a new interactive services department for an industry-leading production company.
- Oversaw Internet and DVD projects from pitch to delivery, working as creative director, account manager, information architect and senior project manager
- Custom built teams of contractors on a project-by-project basis to deliver well over 30% profit margin avg.
- Delivered microsites and brand identities from concept to completion
- Integrated campaigns with studio’s live-action and broadcast design work
- Project clients included Canon, DirecTV, FOX Sports/Nike, Hewlett Packard, Kikkoman, MTV, Miller Genuine Draft, OfficeMax, Pepsi, Sea-Doo, Spike TV, USAF, United Way
- Agency clients included Cramer-Krasselt, DDB, Dentsu, Energy BBDO, FCB, GSD&M, Marc USA, Tribal DDB, Young & Rubicam
- Featured in STEP magazine and Communication Arts Interactive Annual 12
2001 – 2003
BIG Interactive, Los Angeles, CA
Founding creative partner of full-service interactive agency.
- Project clients included FX Networks, K2 Snowboards, Morgan Creek Productions, Primedia Publications, Princess Cruises, Redbull, Symantec Software
1998 – 2001
(zentropy:partners), Hollywood, CA
Performed award-winning work for an international web consultancy.
- Project clients included Bugle Boy International, Emap Publications, GM Buypower, MGM, Men’s Wearhouse, Micron PC, Nautica, Polygram Music, Reebok, Walter Kaitz
1996 – 1998
FEATURE FILM DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION,
Various independent production companies, Los Angeles, CA
Worked as a production coordinator, story editor, producer’s assistant, camera assistant and associate casting director.
1992 – 1996 – BACHELOR OF ARTS PROGRAM, HUMANITIES (Emphasis in Theatre)
University of Southern California; Los Angeles, CA
Spring 1995 – SEMESTER AT SEA